Brad has over 25 years industry experience in both optical and semiconductor industries and an extensive background in market research and business development. At LightCounting, he covers Telecom and Datacom markets, 10/40/100G, parallel optics, board-level optics, AOCs, HPCs, communication semis and silicon photonics as well as manages custom consulting.
Optical Industry Experience
- Neptec Optical Solutions: CEO and VP of Sales, Marketing, Business Development at NOS developing optical subsystems and fiber terminations.
- RHK: VP of the Optical Components and Communications Semiconductor group. Research topics included: optical transceivers, ROADMs, optical amplifiers, and passives components and comm semis for framer/mappers, network processors, SerDes, TIAs, etc.
Semiconductor Industry Experience
Brad was a President, Board member and co-founder of several semiconductor firms: Innovision Labs President/COO- HDTV semiconductors Luxsonor Semiconductors – President/COO – DVD semiconductors; sold to Cirrus Logic for $65M Nexgen Semiconductors -co-founder and Director of Marketing; sold to AMD for $960M and now is the AMD microprocessor line.
Market Research Experience
- Gartner Group: VP of Technology
- Dataquest: VP of Computer and peripherals group 100+ analysts and $35M P&L
- RHK: VP of Optical Components and Communications Semiconductor group.Brad raised over $100M in venture capital; participated in 10+ M&As, and holds two patents in Raman optical spectrometry and optical switching.
Brad received a BSEE from University of Massachusetts and an MBA in Technology Management from the University of Phoenix.